Saturday, March 31, 2007

Good things from down south.

So this week has been good for brewing. I want to congratulate Bob and Kevin for their stout and, though i know it isnt their favorite, i enjoyed the honey beer as a light, easy to drink beer with a different flavor to it. Also, im interested to see how that IPA turns out since i basically made the recipe on the fly, similar to our last two batches but with variations. 7 pounds extract, 2 lbs domestic 2 row, half pound victory, quarter pound barley flakes, ounce and a half summit, two ounces cascade, california ale yeast. Rest at 154F for 45 minutes. I hope I knew what I was talking about.

Also! The Brown Ale you guys made? Excellent. I was glad I was around when Bob cracked open a few bottles for the first time. A little heavier and darker than a newcastle, good flavor, hints of molasses, I think it will become amazing with age, but its great now. Makes me excited for our brown ale, but I dont even remember when that's gonna be done. We need to start keeping better track of stuff, somewhere other than in my head. Kevin's notebook is a good idea. I started to record stuff in my laptop, but then it became a pain. We should just buy a notebook.

Also, I've chosen a target date for opening a brewery/bar/whatever, and its my 28th birthday. Now I've thought about this, and that gives us 5 solid years to get our act together after Bob (and maybe Kevin) has moved up to SF. I dont see any reason that cant happen. Next stop, all-grain.

No comments: